9:00 – 9:30h
INTRODUCTION: WHY GASTRONOMY AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT?
Pedro Ballesteros, Lorea Uribarri, Eneko Atxa, Juan Mari Aburto.
During this first conference on gastronomy and sustainable development we will share the experience of the industry´s various actors, both national and international, aiming to find new angles and alternatives to the challenges the sector is facing whilst aligning market and professional demands.
9:30 – 10:30h
FROM LOCAL TO GLOBAL. THE IMPORTANCE OF COLLABORATION.
Lorea Uribarri, Eneko Atxa, Héctor Sánchez Baraga, Mr. Andrew Stephen, Paul Newnham.
• The importance of local products and varieties, animal welfare and biodiversity.
• How both small and large businesses can positively impact locality, biodiversity and animal welfare.
• A perspective from the wine industry.
10:30 – 11:30h
EATING LOCAL: CULINARY BIODIVERSITY.
Joan Roca, Miguel Torres Maczassek, Leire Barañano, Inma Estevez, Dr. Miren Onaindia Olalde.
• Sourcing responsibly whilst managing increasing demand and competition for ingredients.
• How our operations can contribute to the sustainability of the gastronomy industry and the people working within in.
• The added value of the seasonal and plant-based ingredients within gastronomy.
12:00 TEA BREAK courtesy of Unilever Food Solutions.
INGREDIENTS GROWN WITH RESPECT FOR THE EARTH AND ITS OCEANS.
Rodolfo Guzman, Asier Bárcena, Rogelio Pozo, Mariano Gómez.
• The environmental impacts and logistics challenges created by the gastronomy industry.
• How we can redesign operations to minimize losses and think in terms of circular rather than linear economies.
13:10 – 14:20h
FROM FARM TO FORK: IS A CIRCULAR ECONOMY POSSIBLE?
Peio Cruz, John Trachsel, Amaia Inza, Iñigo Gaztelu, Nick Jeffries, Diego Prado.
• The importance of communicating industry efforts around sourcing, the environment and society.
• The creation of a knowledge community; an open club to meet, exchange ideas and lessons learnt with others.
14:20 – 14:30h
Miguel Torres Maczassek, John Trachsel, Roberto Martínez, Peio Cruz
14:45 CONCLUSIONS AND GLASS OF WINE courtesy of Bodegas Torres.